I just registered for The Gathering.
For those who don’t know, The Gathering is the annual conference of the International Society of Glass Beadmakers. Every year, it takes place in a different city.
This year is is taking place in Louisville, KY. July 28-31st
It’s something I look forward to every year, and it’s really the only place (for now) that I show my work en masse. The Bead Bazaar is on Saturday, and there are also a couple of exhibits that are related to the event.
I have 5 things on my list to accomplish for the event:
1. A new postcard to be designed and ordered. Due Thurs. June 30th…. BTW, my favorite place to get my postcards from is Overnight Prints… sign up for their mailing list… they regularly have REALLY good sales on postcard printing. PLUS they have beautiful matte postcards with rounded edges… Gorgeous.
2. A bead for the Beads of Courage Community Project and Show – Theme: Louisville: Possibilities… specifically geared toward children to be donated to the Ronald MacDonald House Charities of Kentuckiana. Due June 30
3. Donation for The Silent Auction. Due June 30th ( I see a pattern developing…)
4. Pendant for the Juried Show, Arts of Engagement: Beyond the Glass Bead….Application Due April 30th (Better get right on that one today!)
5. Beaded object show…Theme: Beaded Trifecta/ Horses, hats and homeruns… eek! … Due June 15th.
And then of course, beads…. lots and lots of beads…
I’m teaching the end of this month in Austin, and a week in mid-June in Canada… so my best bet is to get the deadline stuff done before my Canada class to keep the panic at bay.
Will that happen? It’ll be a first for me to make my gathering deadline beads done without being in panic mode!
Wish me luck!