I just read a wonderful article about creativity, titled 16 habits of highly Creative People. With almost every sentence, I just nodded my head in agreement. Our town meeting is coming up, and as usual, we’re in big trouble financially, and as usual, they’re planning on pulling more arts from the budget. As far as I’m concerned, it’s a HUGE mistake. In a highly competitive world market, we are becoming less and less able to produce the kind of innovative and creative workers that our country has always been so proud of. We’re biting ourselves in the ass by raising unimaginative and unprepared children. It’s very scary.
The article begins with this quote…
“There is no use trying,” said Alice. “One can’t believe impossible things.” “I daresay you haven’t had much practice,” said the Queen. “When I was your age, I always did it for half an hour a day. Why, sometimes I’ve believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast.” – Lewis Carroll
Here are the 16 habits…
1. Creative people are full of curiosity.
2. Creative people are problem-friendly.
3. Creative people value their ideas.
4. Creative people embrace challenges.
5. Creative people are full of enthusiasm.
6. Creative people are persistent.
7. Creative people are perennially dissatisfied.
8. Creative people are optimists.
9. Creative people make positive Judgment.
10. Creative people go for the big kill.
11. Creative people are prepared to stick it out.
12. Creative people do not fall in love with an idea.
13. Creative people recognize the environment in which they are most creative.
14. Creative people are good at reframing any situation.
15. Creative people are friends with the unexpected.
16. Creative people are not afraid of failures.
It’s time to create some new habits.
Read the full article HERE at tickledbylife.com